The West Shore Arts Council serves the residents of five communities: Langford, Colwood, View Royal, Metchosin and Highlands, which form part of the Capital Regional District on Southern Vancouver Island. The population in our area is currently close to 100,000 and expected to double over the next twenty years. The West Shore Arts Council is the lead advocate for public understanding of, participation in and appreciation of the arts, culture and heritage and their valuable contribution to a vibrant community. In addition to serving the population within our communities, we act as a conduit for information exchange between other arts councils, maximizing opportunities for our members.
- To encourage creative participation and excellence in the arts, culture and heritage;
- To encourage the development of opportunities to perform and to exhibit the arts, culture and heritage;
- To act as a clearing house for information pertaining the arts, culture and heritage;
- To promote and foster public interest, appreciation and understanding of the arts, culture and heritage;
- To bring community planning priorities in the arts, culture and heritage to the attention of the local, regional, provincial and federal authorities;
- To encourage and advocate for arts education and cultural development in the West Shore communities of Colwood, Highlands, Langford, Metchosin and View Royal.
The West Shore Arts Council is run by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Arts Council could not exist without its volunteers and if you would like to get to know your fellow Arts Council members better, and have some fun at the same time, please consider volunteering.
Advocacy & Arts Info >> Arts Advocacy / Information Organization
Advocacy & Arts Info >> Arts & Culture Funder
Advocacy & Arts Info >> Events Calendar
Advocacy & Arts Info >> Arts & Culture Directory
Listing last confirmed: Jan. 10, 2019