Mark your calendars because on September 7th, 2013 (10am – 3pm) our school will be throwing a great party! Our Open House event has been re-designed to excite and inspire children and their families!
What kind of fun activities can we do that day?
- Between 1pm – 2pm in Alix Goolden Hall enjoy A FREE CONCERT with RICK SCOTT. Rick is an award winning singer, songwriter, storyteller and actor who combines music and laughter in lively, participatory concerts for all ages. Sponsored by C-FAX Santas Anonymous
- Enjoy great live music from VCM students, faculty and their bands on our Pandora Ave music plaza.
- Bounce, bounce, bounce with new friends in our bouncy castle. (looks kind of like a mini Alix Goolden Hall)
- Kids can colour their complimentary musical colouring books in our craft corner.
- Play all kinds of musical instruments in our Instrument Petting Zoo sponsored by Tom Lee Music.
- Parents and kids will be able to participate in children’s music classes on our Alix Goolden Hall stage.
- Everyone can take free mini-lessons throughout the day and explore all the musical possibilities our school has to offer. VCM teachers and staff will also be happy to answer all of your questions.
Kids will also enjoy their music themed goodie bags! Get a cool ‘Music Explorer’ sticker, fun colouring book and the first 500 bags given out contain a bonus music note cookie cutter.
Speaking of food and treats… this year is going to be extra yummy!
- Cafe 932 will be serving complimentary coffee and desert treats
- VCM has free Popcorn for everyone
- VCM has free Pop and Water
- Funtime Inflatables will have their Ice Cream Truck onsite…YUM!
- The Hungry Rooster food truck will be on site serving up two amazing VCM Open House specials: Deluxe Smokey $5.50 and Kids Dogs $3.50 (see entire menu here)
(All their meat comes from local farms produced by Two Rivers. Meat is hormone and gluten free, ethically raise and antibiotic free.)
- Victoria.Diggit.ca will have their free candy buffet table on site and will be running around with their lemonade backpacks filling drinks on demand!