Join award-winning artist Carole Finn as she shares her deep love for the wild, untamed landscapes of the Pacific Rim, one of the most beautiful places in Canada. In this 4 day course for all levels of artists, Carole will help you to find and nurture your own painting style, with an understanding of modern impressionism and landscape art; share her well-honed techniques of mastering of Photoshop to demonstrate its use in making good decisions in choosing the right color, value and composition; and learn how to use the software in painting a landscape that will astonish you with their depth and value. If you have an inkling to paint landscapes, this is the course for you.
HOW THE COURSE WORKS:
Expect your 4 days with Carole to offer daily structure, yet experience the flexibility to be able to work with artists of varying abilities. In other words, depending on your specific interests and abilities, you can self direct your choices for how to spend your day, yet still gain from group class time.
Typical daily schedule:
• Meet each morning before 8:30, have a discussion/lesson, then leave to go out on the trail.
• Some will want to do Plain Air. Others will want to take pictures and return to the studio.
• Lunch between 12 and 1 p.m.
• 3:30 p.m. we will return to the studio for a critique and lesson.
• 5:00 p.m.: Daily closing.