The Victoria Arts Council presents UNTIL... issue 6: For The Last Time.
Since March, the Victoria Arts Council has been producing a bi-monthly online magazine as a means to fulfill our mandate during the covid-19 pandemic. As we shift back into face-to-face meetings, and our main gallery space at 1800 Store Street has reopened, we are taking a break from the platform of online publishing.
We invite you to view the final issue of this series, available on our website, with links on Facebook and Instagram.
No articles have been linked to this profile
Evan is a Victoria based painter with a background in the architectural industry. He has been working to turn the expressive nature of abstract painting into a pragmatic and explicable one. His work emphasizes physical interaction and bodily association over the aesthetic experience and are meant to connect with viewers on tangible level. more info
"At its core my artwork is a reflection of who I am: intense, colourful, and passionate. Each painting invites the viewer to step into a new world free from the constraints of reality, where the routine and mundane are replaced by creativity, imagination and colour. It's about bringing a spark of childhood back into the most cynical of individuals,... more info
Margaret Hantiuk (painting in oils/drawing in mixed media)
- VISA North Park Residency, 2018
- McCombe/Kreye residency, through VISA, Jan-May, 2016
- VISA: (Vancouver Island School of Art) 2008-18: Painting, drawing
- MISSA (Metchosin Summer School of the Arts) Residency, 2008
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Arts (Honours), UVic, 1983
- Alberta College of Art, Calgary, (ACAD) 1976-78... more info