Kim Villagante (she/they), also known as Kimmortal is a queer filipinx second generation settler based on unceded, unsurrendered Coast Salish Territories also known as Vancouver, BC, Canada. Primarily known as an emcee and singer-songwriter Kimmortal takes a multi faceted approach to music. During her undergrad at ubc in Visual arts and Art History, Kim would perform at as many open mics as she could throughout the city and campus. Since then she has incorporated song, visual art, and collaborated with dancers in her poetic sets. Kimmortal is influenced by her journey learning about love, ancestry, and resistance. Some of their highlights include: being featured on CBC's show Exhibitionists, the Queer Women of Colour festival (San Francisco), Kultura FIlipino Arts Festival (Toronto), Junofest 2018 (Vancouver) SXSW (Austin, TX), and Rifflandia. Kimmortal has recently collaborated with local bipoc dance and fashion collective Immigrant Lessons in a new developing theatre/dance/music production called “X marks the Movement” which debuted excerpts at Push festival 2019. Kim has opened up for her favourite artists Ruby Ibarra, Saba, Shad K, and Saul Williams. Just this past year, Kimmortal's "I'm Blue" made it to top 20 music videos in the country via CBC. Aside from music, Kimmortal is a community youth facilitator leading workshops that discuss migration, anti-oppression, and creative resistance with Access to Media Education society and Reframing Relations created by Ostwelve. Kimmortal loves karaoke, potlucks, laughing, and queer love. Their much anticipated album will be released March 29 with an album celebration on March 14 at Fox Cabaret in Vancouver.
A self taught multi instrumentalist and poet, Uschi Tala draws inspiration from the elements the underworld and the light found within darkness. Wielding a loop pedal, beat machine and various instruments, she creates ambient soundscapes that dance along hauntingly serene vocals and rhythmic rhymes. Uschi's music has been described as tragically beautiful, otherworldly and pure magic. Her lyrics embody an ocean of healing and encourage others to sea the radiance in themselves as well as the bigger picture. She will ground your spirit, and raise your heart into etherial worlds of the in between.
Victoria Event Centre (1415 Broad St.)
Friday, April 19th
$15 advance (online only) / $20 door
- The VEC is centrally located downtown and there are numerous bus stops nearby. Transit info (including distances from bus stop to venue) can be seen via google maps https://goo.gl/maps/a2eM6pTncEL2
- Parking map of downtown available here. Map of reserved parking for people with BC Disability Parking Permit can be found here.
Unfortunately our elevator is out of commission, so the only way into the VEC is up 27 wood stairs, 11″ deep, 6″ high. There are wooden 2.5” handrails 38” up the wall on each side of the staircase (54” apart, so not graspable on both sides at once). See further details in ‘Getting Inside’ below.
- There are three multi-user, gender-inclusive bathrooms with stalls. One bathroom has a larger stall with its own sink and a grab bar (more details in the ‘Bathrooms’ section below)
- As fragrances can be harmful for folks with respiratory problems and chemical sensitivities, we encourage people to avoid wearing/using scented products, including essential oils or other natural scents. However, while we’re working to reduce scents at the VEC, it’s not a scent-free space (see details in ‘Scent’ section).
- Updates here: https://victoriaeventcentre.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Accessibility-Update-1-Aug-15.pdf
Please approach one of the show organizers if you feel unsafe or uncomfortable by any behaviour at the show.
This event will take place on unceded Coast Salish Territories, specifically of the Lekwungen and WSÁNEĆ peoples. As we focus on building artistic and cultural bridges, we acknowledge the rich cultural history of the many peoples and rituals that have been affected by the ongoing process of dispossession and colonialism. We hold this understanding in our interactions and engagements with this land and its people.
No articles have been linked to this profile
Sexy, sultry side-project from Electric Sex Panther frontman. more info