How do you manage the stresses of being a photographer, visual artist or fabric artist?
The work you do, the art you do, demands a lot from you physically. Come and experience ways to address and relieve jaw, neck, shoulder and back pain.
What: Flesh, Bones & Space of Your Anatomy
Who: For Photographers, Visual Artists & Fabric Artists
Date: Saturday, May 26, 2018
Time: 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm (2 hours)
Where: Lynn Wylie’s Yoga Studio (#202-1600 Bay Street, Victoria)
Cost: $45 (includes GST)* Pre-registration required.
To register: Contact Bisia Belina (SoundBody Studio) at 250.384.1133 or email [email protected]
What is Flesh, Bones & Space of Your Anatomy?
This 2-hour workshop is about bringing a level of attentiveness to the artist’s body to help them recognize and relieve pain, increase movement and free themselves creatively.
Throughout the workshop participants will explore:
• The level of physical discomfort they bring with them prior to starting the creative process;
• The type of physical discomfort and pain that they experience when working on their art;
• The physical tension and holding habits that re-creates pain;
• How tension in the neck, jaw, shoulders, hands, wrists affect how we draw, paint, etc.
Participants will also consider techniques to help them:
• Stay in a relaxed body while working on a piece;
• Experience space, both within oneself and the space that you occupy in the room;
• Move through that spac;
• Understand how their experience affects their artistic expression.
This workshop will be presented by Bisia Belina, who brings a wealth of knowledge about the integration of art and anatomy from her experiences as a Registered Massage Therapist (30+ years), as a recording and performance artist (40+ years) and founder of SoundBody Studio & SoundBody Therapy. Visit http://soundbodystudio.ca for more information.